Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Life in the Mom Lane: A Prayer for Sanity


Hi beautiful mommas! I haven't blogged in a bit, so I decided that if I was going to take time out of my recently very busy days, I'd better make this post poignant & really relative to my readers. Well, honestly, I am all tuckered out after telling (and a smidgen of yelling) at my five year old to brush his teeth and go to bed. I have Rush Order tutus that need to go out in the morning which will require me pulling another all-nighter. And I still have to get the dishes done, two baskets of laundry put away and put my son's homeschool work for tomorrow in his task folder. So instead of trying to give advice or say something witty, I have decided to post this totally awesome prayer that I found on Polly & Rachel's blog: thrivinghomeblog.com. Sometimes, a faith-filled momma's tank gets a little depleted and she needs a little bit of prayer to renew her mind, become refreshed and ready for another full and Blessed day. :-)
XOXO
~ Chel

The Music of Loose Ends
 Heavenly Father,
You said “always.” Always give thanks- always and for everything. You said to keep the music of thanksgiving always playing in my heart. Today, I give thanks in Jesus’ name for what I usually complain about, for what I can’t seem to control or change, for all the daily indignities of raising kids:
- For things that break or get broken all the time, and things that break on first use, and for the broken things that require expensive repair or replacement: Today I see that these are reminders that You are giving my family an eternal treasure in heaven that will never break or fade away (Matt. 6:20).
- For things stained, smudged, smeared, fingerprinted, spilled on, even for those unnamable stickynessess in strange places: Today I will bear with such messes with renewed patience because they remind me that it is the inside of us that matters. You have washed our hearts to purest white by the mercies of Your daily love and eternal salvation (Ps. 51:7)
- For things unemptied, unreplaced, unclosed, unreturned, unkempt, unfound, and unfinished: Today these loose ends of our family life reassure me that our family is called to a destiny where only a few things really matter (Luke 10:42).
-For things ugly, plain, common, cheap, chipped, and dented: Today I see these sometimes-embarrassing belongings of a family for what they are- proof that a miracle is under way here. And You, Lord of all, choose to dwell here with us (Ps. 144:3).
- For noises day and night, and loud music, and loud noise that passes for music: Today I offer this racket to You as the praise of “everything that has breath” in this house (Ps. 150:6), and thank You with each decibel of devotion.
-For interrupted meals, unfinished conversations with friends, unfinished reading, neglected hobbies and projects, and for the fading memories of many small, grown-up luxuries: Today I remember that in His ministry, Jesus said that children were the most welcome interruption of all and the real business of heaven (Matt. 19:14).
O Father, accept my list of ordinary parenting annoyances as the holy music of my thankful heart today, for I sing in Jesus’ name.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your feedback & thanks for reading!! ♥
~ Chel