Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thanksgiving Is A Coming Soon!

So Thanksgiving is almost upon us & I couldn't be more psyched! The time is here again for me to make my HUGE spread of yummy fixin's and sit around with my beautiful family watching Hallmark films, drinking sparkling cider & playing Scrabble or Gin Rummy. We <3 Thanksgiving at my house. And let's not forget BLACK FRIDAY!!! Even after standing on my feet for hours preparing dinner, I still run out in the cold, brave the crazed crowds, and find deals for my family & friends. It ROCKS. :-D
BUT...what this holiday really & truly is about is being thankful for all that Christ has bestowed upon us in the form of friends, family, health, home, food, jobs, etc.  Taking a day to reflect on our Blessings is great, but why can't we be thankful more often, say, every day of the year?

Well for one thing, the craziness of our lives invades our minds 24/7 making it difficult to focus on what is really important. Our family, church, school, & financial obligations keep us (especially mommas) geared up for the next thing to be done. Each task that we complete is a mini victory that we say a small prayer of thanks for, and then move on to the next task. The end result? We are just too bogged down to stop & smell the roses...and be thankful for them.

I have been going through that lately. With Ruffles Ribbons N' Bows growing (yay!), I've been busier than usual. Since this is our first year of homeschooling, I've been having a little more difficulty balancing housework, schoolwork and...well...work. So I've visited some phenomenal blogs recently (See one here) to help get more organized and to efficiently run my household. I now have a Family/Home Binder AND a Homeschool Binder. Soon to come? A RRNB Business Binder! :-) By using these, my hectic & often chaotic life will be more manageable and I can take the extra time I have to be thankful for all of the great things that God has given me!

In other news, my Christmas items are up & ready to be bought! 
I have tutus, a Christmas dress, and hairbows as well.

 I LOVE Christmas, since as a believer, it means the celebration of Christ's birth. I'm just itching to get our Christmas decorations up. Of course, it will mean that the cats will have a field day chewing the the tinsel, pulling down the garlands, and pulling ornaments off the tree. But it also means hot cocoa, eggnog, my hubbies famous chocolate chip cookies and lots of fun wrapping gifts. I always look forward to giving during the holidays as well. It builds character in Little Stinker and warms my heart to help my church's Make A Way Charities. And giving a toy or gift card to a family in need is such a Blessing. :-)

So what are your favorite things about the holidays? Have any family traditions that make it extra special? I'd love for you to share them with me, by leaving a comment below.

I pray that you & yours have a Blessed & fun Thanksgiving! Also, be sure to save a plate for me!

XOXO

God Bless,

~ Chel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your feedback & thanks for reading!! ♥
~ Chel